Sunday, May 1, 2011

WGOD #13 -GODCAST 6/2/1992


One of the earliest,(from when I began numbering the tapes,there were a ton of unnumbered volumes scattered round our town and the world!), WGOD radio tapes I could find in the vault( there may be earlier ones,I think I saw #6 down there!),I used to make these as mix tapes for friends,and I gave away a ton of them,and never made copies of them,so if you have one,it's the only one of it's kind.Don't get the wrong idea about the call letters,I have nothing to do with church,christ,religion,or any of that shit,I chose the name GOD because I play the best tunes,the "god"head of music!(and also so the people of the world would no longer have to worship "false" gods!) On here I play classic punk stuff as well as what was then current alternative and punk music,wih some dub and rap mixed in.Always a surprise,this is before I got my M.C. , Doug Shannon,who worked as a d.j. at the local oldies station,and made tapes of liners and drops ,for use between songs I played on the air.No track list,but I will tell you what's playing,if you listen!Tell me you love it,and I'll post more! I've got tons of 'em!
I LIED!! Here's the track list:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE TOASTERS - Pool Shark
CHROME - You've Been Duplicated
THE ADVERTS - Bored Teenagers
BABES IN TOYLAND - Vomitheart
YELLOWMAN - Big Bambu
THE SECRET SYDE - Hurt and Pain
CYPRESS HILL - How I Could Just Kill A Man
ROYAL TRUX - Solid Gold Tooth
DWARVES - Lucky Tonight
ONE FELL SWOOP - Wallet Baby
SUPERCAT - Ghetto Red Hot
BLATZ - California / Dolly
JOHN OTWAY - Headbutts
LOVECHILD - These Things I Noticed
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GERMS - Media Blitz
GG ALLIN with BULGE - Legalize Murder / Suck My Ass It Smells
FUGAZI - KYEO
BEASTIE BOYS - Time For Livin'
SONIC YOUTH - Computer Age
DAG NASTY - Never Go Back
THE CRAMPS - I'm Cramped (live bootleg!)
THE CRYSTALS - The Screw
TOO MUCH TROUBLE (THE BABY GETO BOYS) - Motherfuckin' Thugs
CULTURE SHOCK - Color TV
SOCKEYE - Straight-Edge Fag
GANG OF FOUR - Natural's Not In It
THROBBING GRISTLE - Subhuman
MISFITS - Astrozombies

CLICK HERE:
https://archive.org/download/Wgod13-godcast621992/771Wgod-godcast13-06-02-1992.zip

No comments: