Sunday, November 14, 2010

THE PANICS-Push The Button




A seminal Ft. Myers punk band,from the start,in 1980.The singer,Spencer ,was a substitute teacher at Ft. Myers High,and later moved to CA to form The Mutts (more on that on a later posting).The drummer,Jim Becker,is a local news caster.Jason Slaughter,on guitar,financed the whole thing,with his riches.Their only LP,after a few singles,this has great songs like,"Test..Test", "Kill It Before It Multiplies", "Feel For Pop",and more.Kinda 60's garage meets 80's punk/new wave.Good friends of Leo Johnson,from whom I learned of them.I used to hang with my friend's band,Nightwing,in high school,and once they were recording in the studio next to the Panics,and kept teasing them,calling them "The Pancakes"(which is actually a good band name,me thinks!)and taunting them for not playing hard rock.Recorded partially at Soundcheck studios in Ft,Myers.This rules,and is a piece of Ft.Myers punk history,as well.
CLICK HERE: https://archive.org/download/ThePanics-PushTheButton/538ThePanics-pushTheButton.zip

1 comment:

Steele Grinder said...

Wow! I didn't know there was a full length. I have all the 7 inchers. You never cease to amaze me. How about some Ruptured Nuns?